My plan wasn’t actually a plan, it was more so knowing I have to do it. I ran. I ran about 2.5 miles today. I felt fan-fucking-tastic.

My leg didn’t hurt, the DOMS didn’t effect me…it was perfect. However, I did feel my legs start to get tired at the end of the 2.5 miles. I could feel it in my muscles. But I pushed through it and made it a little over 2.5 miles.

I peaked my HR at 188/189 twice but jogging (4.0mph) @ 15% incline. Holy shit. I need to keep doing this. I’m dedicating one day a week doing just these intervals. Amazing.

Sweat was pouring down my face, running all over the treadmill, I felt so good. I needed to test myself because I knew the race on saturday was going to be a lot of uphill runs and learning how to pace myself but knowing when to push.

I was so excited to see my totals, I cleaned my treadmill and looked down at my 28.33 minutes, my watch froze. FUCKING FROZE. WHAT THE FUCK POLAR. This has never happened. I almost cried…I had to reboot it. Thankfully it didn’t erase anything but it also didn’t record this mornings workout. 😦 waahhhh

Okay so I’m being slightly dramatic, but when I pushed myself that hard, it would have been nice to see those numbers.

I DO know that towards the end, I was over 300 cals, and the treadmill said (not very reliable, but it does connect to my HR monitor) that my average HR for that run was 163bpm.

I have to take it with a grain of salt. So next week I’ll try it again and hopefully my watch won’t freak the fuck out.

Tonight’s agenda: Get home, ice my shins, plan out Friday/Saturday, pack for said days and go to bed early.

Friday, Corey’s aunt is braiding my hair after work for the race, which is right down the street from where I park in Charlestown. As soon as that’s done, we have to fly home to have pasta night with th team, go over a few things, plan, and get ready for an early night.

Saturday, we have to be up at 6am to get ready. That’s making sure we have everything, all our papers, clothes, towels, wraps, protein, etc. The guys are meeting us at our place then we are going for a team breakfast before we head to the park.

Our heat starts at 10:30, but we have to be at the parking lot to check in at 9am. The ride up there isn’t too bad, maybe 30 minutes if that. I’m getting nervous, but oh so excited!!!!

I’m going to take so many pics!!!

Till tomorrow —- kick ass guys!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s