Friday – day off
Saturday – a little above a 3 mile run on the street. (concrete hurts my ankles and such but it was a good run.
Sunday – gym in the am
- Preacher Curl machine: 30# x 2 x 15, 30# x 2 x 12
- Tricep pushdowns: 30# x 2 x 15, 30# x 2 x 12
- Incline Chest Press: 25# x 1 x 1o, 20# x 1 x 12, 15# x 1 x 15
- DB Shoulder Press: 15# x 2 x 12, 15# x 2 x 10
- Hyper Extensions: 2 x 15, 10# x 1 x 10, 5# x 1 x 10
- DB bicep curls: 10# x 2 x 21
- Knee ups: 2 x 15, 2 x 12
- Cable Crunches: 50# x 4 x 20
Not the biggest numbers in the world, but whatever. I felt good. My upper body was shaking and I’m still sore.
This week’s workout schedule:
Monday – day off (yesterday) I was really tired. I cleaned, went food shopping, went to the barn, and didn’t sleep great the night before. Plus I have to learn to keep my sunglasses on because I get very bad headache now when the sun is out. I’m not use to it since the weather here has been Englandish, nothing but rain or overcast. Plus the lack of sunlight does me in..ugh
Tuesday – I did about a 3 mile run, maybe a little more or less. I use mapmyrun.com to roughly estimate how much I run and with the trails at Horn Pond its hard to calculate. But I did a loop on the trails instead of running on the concrete part. I brought my dog with me and she isn’t very…welcoming to other animals, especially dogs. So I had to avoid the main parts of the pond, but thats okay I did a lot of trail running and it felt good. I ran hard, but I wasn’t focusing on speed, just minimizing how often I stop. I did better than last time but still took a couple breaks because my dog was panting pretty hard. She is a trooper though. So now I’m having my protein shake and going to make a nice lunch in about an hour. Update after the gym tonight or after the gym tomorrow.
Tonight is legs:
- Leg Press – Wide stance: 90# x 1 x 15, 110# x 1 x 12, 140# x 1 x 12, 170# x 2 x 10, Same for narrow stance, over all 8 sets for leg press
- Leg Extensions – 40# x 1 x 15, 50# x 2 x 12, 60# x 2 x 10
- Leg Curl – 40# x 1 x 15, 50# x 2 x 12, 60# x 2 x 10, 40# x 1 x 15
- 15 minutes step climber
Felt good, lots of energy!
Wednesday – Upper body AM, abs, cardio
We did the next three exercises as a sort of circuit, we did them with no breaks inbetween.
- Flat DB Fly : 10# x 2 x 12, 12# x 2 x 10
- Flat DB Chest Press: 10# x 2 x 12, 12# x 2 x 10
- Front raises: 10# x 2 x 12, 10# 2 x 10
We did these two as supersets
- Close grip pulldown: 40# x 1 x 15, 50# x 2 x 12, 60# x 2 x 10
- Wide grip pulldown: 40# x 1 x 15, 50# x 2 x 12, 60# x 2 x 10
- Cable Curls: 30# x 1 x 12, 40# x 1 x 12, 40# x 2 x 10
- Cable Crunches: 50# x 3 x 20
- Decline Situps: 2 x 15
- Double Crunches: 2 x 15
Was a little sore this morning, but I felt pretty good. Lots of energy and was pretty excited to get in and do a big workout. My diet was been really good the past few days as well, no cheating, not at all!
I wanted to write about my diet a bit. I have been following a diet plan by Pauline Nordin. You can find her link under both Fitness and Nutrition links. I bite my tongue and finally ordered some help with my diet, a new way to get shredded. So far so good, I have had lots of energy during my workouts, staying full and not wanting sugar/simple carbs..so far. I’m pretty excited about finishing this 4 week plan 🙂 I haven’t been eating a lot of “carbs” which is weird for me, but my energy level is still up there. We’ll see what happens…
Thursday – 2.5ish mile hill running am, canoeing in PM
Friday – Outdoor circuit training AM
- Bear Walk
- Duck Walk
- Crab Walk
- Rock Throwing x 6 large rocks
- Sprints up and down hill
- Runs around loop
- Double Crunches
- Jump Squats
Saturday – 2.5ish mile hill running, canoeing in PM
Sunday – Canoeing AM & circuit training
Monday – Day off
I’m heading North to New Hampshire for 11 days starting tomorrow night so I will have to improvise since I don’t have my gym around for about 40 miles. But oh well, I’m going to practice my running and out door circuits as well as swimming and canoeing. 🙂
Also a couple days I will be taking some long hikes! I”ll be able to update when I get back.
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!