I’m a snack person, I love snacks. Whether I’m watching a movie or hanging with friends/family or just bored and need something to snack on..I’ve always had a difficult time looking for ways to snack and not feet guilty. So I wanted to add a little list of snacks that you can try out.
Tuna & Celery
Some people like tuna, some people don’t. Either way this is a great alternative to Tuna and Mayo, but just as filling.
6-8 celery slices, whole but cut from stalk
1 can of light chunk tuna
1-2 teaspoons of desired amount of fat free cream cheese
1 shallot or 2 Tablespoon of any kind of onion
3 chives, chopped
- Mix Tuna, onions, chives, and cream cheese together so its all evenly distributed.
- And simply serve with or on cleaned celery slices
Veggies and Dip
Another great snack that you don’t have to feel guilty about.
Sliced carrots, brocolli, or even thin crackers will work!
.25 cup of fat free cream cheese
.5 whole cucumber sliced and diced into small, fine pieces
3-4 chives finely chopped
garlic gloves chopped, along with 1 teaspoon of garlic liquid
1 teaspoon of olive oil
pepper if desired
- Combine cream cheese, cucumber, chives, garlic, olive oil and peppers and enjoy!
Basically just dip raw veggies into mixed dip and you’re good to go.
(Tastes like a dessert, but it’s not!)
2-3 oz of water
1 scoop of protein powder (flavor of your choice, chocolate is recommended, goes well with PB)
1-2 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
- Mix everything until blend is soft and powder is mixed
- Put in freezer for 5-10 minutes to enjoy cold!
Try different combos of fruit and quick oats oatmeal. Lots of great complex and slow digesting carbs to help you last the day with consistent source of energy. Also great on cold days.
.25 – .5 cup of quick oats oatmeal
1/2 banana or finely chopped apple, berriers etc. Youre choice of fruit.
No Prep Snacks!
- Hummus (any flavor) and veggies or thin crackers, even both!
- Trail mix (just raw nuts: pumpkin seeds, almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc..)
- Apples & Natural Peanut butter (slice and dip!)
- Low Salt rice cakes and Natural peanut butter (light spread of Pb on top, not drenched)
- 100 Calorie light popcorn
- Dannon light and fit yogurt
- Greek Yogurt (watch the sugars though)
- 1 cup of Low Fat Cottage Cheese with raw piece of fruit (not pre packed in cottage cheese)